This Teacher Training program engages you in practical & established techniques of teaching, alongside a well-rounded curriculum in the 8 Limbs of yoga, with a focus on teaching for positive personal and global transformation through asana and meditation. You will learn to sequence a yoga class, apply anatomy to assisting, and explore modifications for niche groups. The program is anchored in the Baptiste Power Vinyasa philosophy and sequencing that provides a strong foundation in the general practice of yoga and enables you to apply this training toward various styles. The program includes a significant emphasis on the practical tools of teaching yoga and direct feedback on your teaching, including videos, and culminating in a free public class taught by you and your peers.
Upon successful completion of the Be Luminous Yoga Teacher Training, you are eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance as a 200 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT). This program is also certified through the Washington State Workforce Training board, a consumer protection agency governing all vocational schools in the State of Washington.
We've led over 125 people through this process since 2010, each one a phenomenal human being. We know that your journey will be equally powerful for you, inspiring for your peers, and a gift to yourself. We are committed to your success.
In 190 contact hours (per the Yoga Alliance standards) you will:
- PRACTICE YOGA, MEDITATION and PRANAYAMA every day - 100 hours worth
- Experience ANATOMY in your body over 30 integrated hours - not in one sitting, but a little bit each day so you can actually learn it
- TEACH & ASSIST - small groups, whole group, make 3 videos, and teach a live public class, adding up to a minimum of 20 hours
- APPLY YOGA PHILOSOPHY in your real life through the Yoga Sutras and personal exploration for about 40 hours worth of time
You will also complete 40-60 hours homework (anatomy, philosophy, reading and guides, creating teaching resumes, and more) and receive the Be Luminous Yoga 250-page Teacher Training Manual.
Application Deadlines are April 1, 2018 & June 1,2018. Applications are processed within a week of being received.
August - December 2018 Required Training Dates:
- August Intensive: Saturday - Friday, August 18-24, 2018 (8:30 AM - 8:30 PM daily)
- Weekend Dates: September 7-9, October 5-7, November 2-4, November 30-Dec 2
- 2 Evening Video Calls: Dates released with acceptance, 1.5 hours each
- Monthly homework and pre-study work
Application Fee: $50
Optional Unlimited Yoga at Be Luminous from August - December: $425
Paid In Full Early Bird Tuition: $3250 on or before May 1, 2018
Paid In Full Regular Tuition: $3450 after May 1, 2018
Payment Installments: $3600 in equal payments due on the following:
- 1st payment of $900 due within two weeks of acceptance
- 2nd payment of $900 due August 12, 2018*
- 3rd payment of $900 due September 12, 2018
- 4th payment of $900 due October 12, 2018
To participate in the Installment Plan you must provide a valid credit card and sign a payment agreement. Be Luminous Yoga will automatically charge your account on the due date, or on the next business day following should the due date fall on a weekend or holiday, as per the above. Payments may NOT be shifted. *For acceptance after July 15, 2018, the first and second payments will be combined.
Discounts & Scholarships: Veterans receive 15% off the tuition selection they select in their enrollment agreement. 2 $500 scholarship spaces are available for this program for those who plan to focus their teaching on underprivileged or target populations who do not readily have access to yoga. People of color will be considered for scholarships first. Scholarships will be notified by June 10, 2018. Please attach a letter explaining your interest, commitment and circumstances with your application if Scholarships you wish to be considered for one of these scholarships. There is no other financial aid available at this time.