Be Luminous Yoga is committed to building a vibrant, joyful community. In this spirit, we have defined the following policies and community guidelines. As always, please contact us if you have questions or concerns. We believe that communities thrive when we set clear standards and maintain the flexibility to be in dialogue with each other, especially around sensitive topics such as money. We welcome your input and appreciate your respect of these guidelines for refunds and returns.
- Before your first class, please arrive at the studio 10 minutes early.
- For all classes, plan to arrive 5 minutes early and stay until the end of class.
- Please be on time. We understand that every once in a while life gets messy and it is difficult to arrive on time, or you may need to step out 5 minutes early. For safety reasons, it is our policy not to let anyone into class more than 10 minutes late, and we will ask you not to attend if you come late or leave early on a regular basis. It is disjointing to the community and not great for your body.
- If you are late or must leave early, please enter the room quietly and wait until we are finished if we are in the middle of the "om."
- Please be respectful of others by tidying up your practice area after class and returning all borrowed props.
- No cell phones in the studio please.
- Lost and found items will be donated at the end of every month. Please check the box located in the retail dressing room if you've misplaced something.
- Please lock your valuables in a locker. We cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Men, we can serve you better with your shirts on. This allows us to assist you in your postures.
Refund and Financial Policies
WORKSHOP REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY: Workshops are defined as any program taught by an in-house Be Luminous Yoga teacher. You are eligible for a full refund minus a $15.00 administration fee if you cancel 14 days or more before the workshop start date, or a full credit on your account. We are unable to offer refunds, transfers, or credits for cancellations within 14 days of your workshop start date. There are also no refunds or credits for failure to attend or failure to complete the workshop.
GUEST TEACHERS, SPECIAL PROGRAMMING & TRAINING REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY: When you sign up for a special program, you are committing to the specific refund policy of that training or program. These can be found on the individual web-page details under tuition. Our general policy is that you may cancel 30 days or more prior to the start date to receive a refund, minus your non-refundable, non-transferable deposit, or a $25.00 administration fee if no deposit applies. Within 30 days of your scheduled event, we do not issue refunds. There are no refunds or credits for failure to attend or complete a program.
RETREAT REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY: All Retreat deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you cancel 30 days or more prior to the retreat start date you will be issued a refund less your non-refundable deposit. Specific details for each retreat are listed in your registration packet, and require your signature. There are no refunds, no transfers, and no credits for cancellations within 30 days of the retreat start date. There are also no refunds or credits for failure to attend or failure to complete the retreat.
RETURNED CHECK POLICY: All returned checks are subject to a $25.00 processing fee. This fee along with the original amount of the check is due within seven business days of the official notification from Be Luminous Yoga. The total is to be paid at the studio only by cash, credit card, money order, or certified bank check.
CREDIT CARDS: There is a $5 minimum charge for all Visa, Master Card and American Express transactions.
RETAIL RETURNS: Retail products are accepted for exchange or credit only with your receipt and item tag still attached within 14 days of purchase. Music, videos, and DVD’s will be accepted for exchange or credit only with receipt if unopened within 14 days of purchase.
YOGA CLASSES AND MEMBERSHIPS: All classes, monthly auto-pays and membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. 10-Class Cards are an exception, as you may bring guests with you and use your punch card to pay for them. Please see your membership contract for details regarding membership buy-out options.
GUEST PASS POLICY: The intention of the guest pass program is to create a pathway for people who love yoga to share yoga with a variety of people from their community. It is a membership perk for our committed clients, allowing them to bring family and friends who may be traveling through, to share with someone they would like to expose to yoga, or to offer as a kind gesture to others. With this in mind, the following guest pass policy applies to all membership guest passes, birthday passes and inspired yogi passes: 1) Client may gift their guest passes to anyone they choose (see 1 restriction below); 2) Up to 5 guest passes may be used by a single individual in a 12-month period from any source.
MONEY ON PERSONAL ACCOUNTS: We no longer charge items to your account. We can, however, pre-load your account with $10-50 for towel rentals and incidentals if you like. We cannot charge individual towel rentals to your account, thus we recommend pre-loading your account monthly. If you have a balance sitting on your account, and you leave the state or the studio for some reason, you can receive a refund minus a $10 administration fee.
LOST & FOUND POLICY: All belongings left behind will be placed in the lost and found bin and removed from the studio on the last day of each month. Yoga mats left behind will be dated and held for three months from the date they have been left behind. To reclaim a mat, inquire at the front desk.