Be Luminous Yoga Childcare Policies
Our intention in providing childcare is to offer parents a safe place for your child to play while you practice. We love that we can provide a space where families can continue their practice and we get to meet your little ones. First and foremost, however, Be Luminous Yoga is committed to providing consistent, high-quality yoga instruction in an atmosphere that is conducive to our mission of inspiring our community to live empowered, creative, vibrant lives through the practices of yoga and meditation. We are not staffed for, nor can our physical space accommodate, a full professional childcare set-up.
When is Childcare offered?
- Monday: 9:45-11:00 am
- Wednesday 9:45-11:00 am
- Friday 9:45-11:00 am
Who Will Be Watching My Child?
The person providing on-site care is a volunteer who has undergone a background check and will keep your lovely little one entertained so you can practice in peace.
$5 per time, or $50 10-punch pass
We require that you pre-register your child. Childcare is provided on a first come, first served basis with up to 6 spaces available at the discretion of the Studio. You may reserve a space for your child signing up and paying ahead ONLINE.
To sign-up & purchase a single drop in rate for child care, please click HERE.
To sign-up & purchase a 10 card child-care package, please click HERE.
If you have any trouble signing up online, PLEASE CALL the STUDIO before the class, at 206-682-9642. If you arrive without signing up, childcare will be open to you only depending on availability.
We respectfully request your support in maintaining the sanctuary nature of the studio for all students by adhering to the following:
- Your child must be at leat 6 months old.
- You Must Pre-Register to bring your child to childcare! Do this online or by calling the studio.
- You may be asked to retrieve your child at any time if he or she becomes disruptive to the yoga studio environment, or we are unable to provide the level of care your child needs. If your child has not settled down by 10-minutes into class, we will ask you to retrieve your child by slipping a note uder the door to the teacher, who will inform you. Please respond immediately.
- Please come prepared to help your child settle into the studio environment. If your child is crying loudly just before class and at the start of class, please spend a few minutes outside with your child to see if you can help him or her settle down without disturbing the students who are coming into class.
- Childcare is provided on a first-come, first-served basis for children ONLY while their caregiver remains on the premises of Be Luminous Yoga. You must remain on the premises during the time your child is in care.
- Drop-off is offered 5-minutes before each class, and pick-up is required by 10-minutes after the end of each class.
- Only the caregiver who dropped off a child can pick up the child for each session.
- We can accommodate up to 6 children at a time, at the discretion of the childcare provider on duty.
- You may purchase childcare for a single time, or in blocks of 10.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to having you and your child in our studio!