200 Hour Teacher Training: August -November 2018
Download the complete Brochure & Application Today!
Accepting Apllications for the 2018 Program! Apply Today.
"Worth every penny - and then some."
"I wish I could do this at least every other year."
"This program changed my life."
These are just a few of quotes from past teacher trainees, and we know you'll have your own story to tell when you complete the training.
The commitment of the Be Luminous Teacher Training program is to empower you to teach and inspire others to live vibrant, joyful lives. It is our firm belief that happy, healthy people are the only people who can help build a happy, healthy world. This is the work of being a teacher. It begins with the individual and spreads as you live yoga - live union - in your life, whether you ever teach yoga or not.
Our Teacher Training program engages you in practical & established techniques of teaching, alongside a well-rounded curriculum in the 8 Limbs of yoga, with a focus on teaching for positive personal and global transformation through asana and meditation. You will learn to sequence a yoga class, apply anatomy to assisting, and explore modifications for niche groups. The program is anchored in the Baptiste Power Vinyasa philosophy and sequencing that provides a strong foundation in the general practice of yoga and enables you to apply this training toward various styles. The program includes a significant emphasis on the practical tools of teaching yoga and direct feedback on your teaching, including videos, and culminating in a free public.
Upon successful completion of the Be Luminous Yoga Teacher Training, you are eligible to apply for your 200 RYT certification with the Yoga Alliance. This program is also certified through the Washington State Workforce Training board, a consumer protection agency govering all vocational schools in the State of Washington.
190 contact hours, per the Yoga Alliance standards:
- 100 hours Asana, Pranayama & Meditation
- 30 hours Anatomy and Physiology
- 20 hours Art of Teaching/Teaching Practice
- 40 hours Philosophy, Chanting & Yogic Lifestyle
40 hours homework (workshop development and research paper)
Be Luminous Yoga 250 page+ Teacher Training Manual
Applications will be processed within 1 week of the deadlines. Late applications will be accepted on a first-come, first- served basis, space permitting.
August - November 2018 Required Training Dates:
- August Intensive: Saturday - Friday, August 18-24, 2018
- Weekend Hours: Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday all day!
- Weekend Dates: September 7-9, October 5-7, November 2-4, November 30-Dec 2
- 3 Monthly Video Calls: Dates TBD, 1.5 hours each
- Monthly homework and pre-study work
Application Fee: $50
Paid In Full Regular Tuition: TBA
Payment Installments: TBA
Optional Unlimited Yoga at Be Luminous from August - December: $425
To participate in the Installment Plan you must provide a valid credit card and sign a payment agreement. Be Luminous Yoga will automatically charge your account on, or on the next business day following should the due date fall on a weekend or holiday, as per the above. Payments may NOT be shifted.
Discounts & Scholarships: Veterans receive %15 off the tuition selection they select in their enrollment agreement. 2 partial scholarship spaces are available for this program for those with need who plan to focus their teaching on underprivileged or target populations who do not readily have access to yoga. Please attach a letter explaining your interest, commitment and circumstances with your application if you wish to be considered for one of these scholarships. There is no other financial aid available at this time.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does this training prepare me to teach that other trainings may not offer? We are committed to empowering you to teach NOW, not with 3 more years of practice under your belt. In order to achieve this, you will have many teaching and feedback opportunitites each weekend. Of particular interest, the Be Luminous Yoga program offers you three opportunities to teach on video, receiving feedback from two coaches each time. By the last time, you will teach a full 1-hour class. Second, you will teach a small section of a live class of 30-40 people on the weekend of graduation. Most programs offer small bits of feedback on individual poses or 5-10 minutes of teaching. We believe you need to teach real people in real settings for longer amounts of time in order to be ready to teach. We offer you a unique and fabulous opportunity to grow quickly with our system.
What else differentiates this training?
- Commitment to, and processes that will ensure, every participant is able to teach the day they complete the program.
- An artfully crafted curriculum designed with research-proven learning methods. Michel Eubank Spruance holds a masters degree in curriculum design, and brings her passion for experiential learning to the training.
- An emphasis on, steady practice of, meditation spearheaded by Scott Francis who has been studying at Spirit Rock center for over 20 years.
- A study of the traditional teachings of yoga that makes them applicable in your real, daily life as person, a spouse, a parent, a business owner, a young person in transition, etc….
- And experiential and integrative approach to anatomy and physiology so that you instantaneously feel and understand the impact of your movement and how it applies to teaching.
- With Tina Templeman as a lead instructor of the Be Luminous Yoga Teacher Training, you get the benefit of an integrated approach to anatomy and physiology that means you absorb the information naturally through practice and application. Many programs do all the anatomy in a single weekend shot, whcih is not condusive to retentino and most people's l
- The Staff:
- Michel brings her skills as a powerful educator and facilitator, and a deep passion for designing programs and curriculum that make a real difference in people’s lives. She has been facilitating transformation work since she was 18 years old, starting with Essential Peacemaking & Peace Trees.
- Scott brings over 20 years of meditation and yoga practice to the training, including having complete multiple 10-30 day silent meditation retreats.
- Tina brings her powerful teaching of yoga, coupled by her study of the human body as a massage therapist, creator of anatomy and physiology components for multiple teacher trainings in the Pacific Northwest. She is also a Reiki master and had facilitated non-yoga transformational work for since 2002.
- Adjunct Faculty: Experience a minimum of three powerful guest teachers from other styles of yoga.
How many people will be in our teacher training? We maintain a ratio of 1:8 staff to students. We require 10 people at a minimum to run the program. While many applicants will be accepted, not all will be. You must have practiced yoga for at least 6 months before applying to this training.
What is the pre-requisite work? Anyone is eligible to apply for teacher training. Once you are accepted, you will be given your pre-requisite work, which mainly consists of reading, anatomy study and reviewing a few classes at various studios before we begin. This is about 20 hours worth of work that you complete on your own in any way that works for you. We recommend making the initial Application Deadline to have the most time to complete your work.
When will I hear if I am accepted? Applications will be reviewed and accepted within one week of each of the posted application deadlines. At this time, you will be sent the enrollment agreement. Upon recepeit of your enrollment agreement, you will receive an acceptance letter, a welcome packet with your pre-requisite work to begin, and we will charge you based on your application preferences.
What if I need to miss a session? If you already know you will need to miss more than a day of training, we recommend that you wait for the next training. It is a requirmeent of the Yoga Alliance that you receive a minimum number of contact hours for the training to apply for Yoga Alliance Certification. It is also quite challenging to parse out the time you miss into make-up time. Any hours missed must be made up at an extra expense of $90 per hour We will always work with people for family emergencies and other issues that may arise.
Core Teacher Training Faculty
Michel Eubank Spruance, E-RYT 500, MEd. and a Baptiste Faculty Member, has been teaching yoga since 2004 with an emphasis on Baptiste Power Vinyasa. She assists Baron Baptiste frequently at teacher trainings, finding great inspiration in working with new teachers. Michel marries her passion for impactful curriculum design with over 19 years as a classroom educator and facilitator of personal transformation programs to insure your success as a teacher. Her mission is to inspire and empower everyone she works with.
Tina Templeman, E-RYT 200, is a strong and graceful yoga teacher, and the owner of Body Harmony: Massage and Yoga. Tina serves as a Lead Instructor for the program as a whole, as well as separheading the anatomy and physiology portion of the training with an emphasis on its application to teaching yoga. While Tina leads is saught afgter to lead the anatomy section of many other 200-Hour Trainings, you can only get the full imact of Tina as a leader of your teacher training experience at Be Luminous Yoga.
Scott Francis brings his passion for yoga and meditation to this training, encouraging students to dive into deep personal transformation and the experiential understanding of universal truths. He brings his wisdom as a facilitator and draws on over 20 years of studies with master yoga teachers and internationally known meditation teachers to guide students to their potential. (Scott will be a guest for the Fall 2016 program.)
Adjunct Teacher Training Faculty
Nicole Tsong has been teaching yoga since 2009. Nicole, RYT 500, is a certified Baptiste teacher and has trained extensively with master teacher Baron Baptiste, assisting him at teacher trainings and other Baptiste programs around the world. In 2013 & 2014, she taught kids yoga on the yoga teaching team for the White House Easter Egg Roll. She also writes a weekly fitness column — Fit for Life — for The Seattle Times. Nicole leads the Be Luminous Yoga Assisting and Teacher Development Program and brings her powerful coaching eye to the program.
Jodi Boone teaches the 3-hour prenatal section of the Be Luminous Yoga Teacher Trianing. Jodi studied pre and postnatal yoga with Colette Crawford, the founder of the Seattle Holistic Center and former obstetrics nurse. Since completing her training in 2002, she has taught pre and postnatal yoga classes at studios througout Seattle, as well as that the University of Washington. In 2003, Jodi copmleted a doula training throught he Seattle Midwifery SChool, and over the years has supported many women, and their partners, through the journey of labor and childbirth. In 2009, Jodi developed a pre and postnatal Yoga Teacher Training program, which she offered in Osaka, Japan, and Goa, India annually. In 2013, Jodi, together with Corinna Stahlhoffen founder of the fist natural childbirth center in India, produced a 3-DVD set of Yoga for Pregnancy, Yoga for Postnatal Perio and Baby Care. For more information, please visit: http://www.jodiboone.com/prental-yoga.com.
Pat Musburger: Iyengar Yoga, 3 hour session
Grace Meyer: Anusaura Yoga, 3-hour session
Past guests include:
Libby Ludlow: Yoga Nidra - Founder Z-Grils
Troy Lucero: Contemporary Asthanga - Owner, Troy Lucero Yoga
Marni Yamada: Pre-Natal Yoga
Tracy Weber: Vini Yoga - Owner, Whole Life Yoga